SIMPLE PAN SEARED ALASKA HALIBUT
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 15 mins
3 cloves garlic, minced juice from 1 large lemon
1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for the pan
sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1 lb Alaska halibut
1 tbsp butter* lemon slices, for serving
- In a large, shallow dish, combine garlic, lemon juice, wine and olive oil.
- Use a sharp knife to cut halibut into 4 portions. Place portions into the dish with the marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove halibut from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place in the hot pan and cook until a golden crust forms on the bottom of the fish, about 3-5 minutes. Try not to move the fish around the pan a lot until the crust forms to decrease sticking.
- Flip fish and cook in the other side until cooked through.
- Add butter to the pan and let it melt, then spoon it over the top of the fish.
- Serve halibut with lemon slices.